A pre-eminent college for the study of music in North America, where students can experience the diversity of music through an interdisciplinary curriculum. They were using Marketo to manage their emails and wanted to migrate to Salesforce Marketing Cloud so that they can integrate with numerous external sources and import their data and wanted data management in a way wherein they could handle large and complex data to run more targeted campaigns which were not possible through Marketo.
Region: North America
Tools: Marketing Cloud, Litmus, Salesforce CRM
The client needed a partner who could integrate their Salesforce CRM platform with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform and ensure that they could use transactional data to personalize emails and send targeted communication. They wanted to manage their large complicated data as they were facing issues while storing data in Marketo, where the data is stored in one master table. They also wanted that in the future, anyone in their team wanted easy access to HTML/CSS for emails or Landing pages they can access it which was not easy with Marketo. They required a developer who could work on designing, executing, testing, and analyzing emails. After having everything in one place, leveraging the feature of IP warming they wanted to achieve maximum deliverability of their emails to avoid bounced data.
Revolve Softech provided them with a comprehensive solution and a dedicated developer as a point of contact.
- Initially, Salesforce CRM was integrated with Marketing Cloud using Marketing Cloud Connect (a native connector).
- Then worked on designing the templates at the Parent Business Unit level using HTML, CSS, and drag n drop interface to share them across another business unit to create template-based emails. That helped their team to understand the interface way easier.
- Then tested the emails on Litmus (an email testing tool with more than 100 email clients including Mobile clients, Web-based email clients, Outlook, Cross browsers, etc. We can test the emails in Litmus using HTML code and also validate the web pages).
- Amp script (Marketing Cloud’s proprietary scripting language) was used to add some personalization and advanced dynamic content in emails.
- In Addition, the developer configured their subscription page, and manage preferences using the cloud page.
- Finally, IP warming was done to improve the sender’s reputation and improve email deliverability.
More than 200 emails were configured and tested using Litmus.
- Integration of Salesforce CRM to SFMC ensured any business update in a CRM triggered an email interaction or a series of emails.
- Configuring content blocks, footers, and templates at the parent business level will help them in the future to re-use the same code in child business units.
- Creating and testing emails using Marketing Cloud helped in improving email deliverability.
- IP warming helped to improve their bounce rate, and increase open rate and click rate.
We provided them with the support and solution to make sure that their emails get delivered without rendering issues on different devices and browsers.