Our Lightning Experience to Salesforce Classic comparison proves that the new Salesforce UI, despite its minor limitations, features a wider and more convenient feature set. During this article we, as a Salesforce partner, outline the recent winter 2020 new lightning features and updates.
Currently, winter’20 release is accessible under the pre-release program. On the 6th and 7th of September, Sandboxes have been upgraded, as a result, your organization will get the design and feel of winter’20 release.
In case you had not read the whole 540 pages of Salesforce Winter’20 release notes, look into winter’20 release quick summary written by Revolve Softech.
We examined the new release notes and highlighted the foremost exciting, interesting, and useful Lightning Experience features. Since Lightning Experience is getting faster and better with every release, it absolutely was a challenge prevent explaining at just ten! To kick things off, here is our strive against the best and coolest Salesforce Lightning features from winter’20 release.
1. Count Unique Values in Report Results (Beta):- See what number distinct values your report returns with a singular count. For instance, opportunity reports often list multiple opportunities with an equivalent account. Add a singular count to the Account Name column to ascertain what number individual account values appear within the report. Unique counts appear as grand totals at rock bottom of the report and as subtotals for every group.
To enable it, navigate to Setup (Gear Icon) | Setup | Feature Settings | Analytics | Report and Dashboard interface Settings and choose Enable Unique Row Count Aggregate in Reports (Lightning Experience Only).
2. Filter Reports Using Field Comparisons with Field-To-Field Filters (Beta):- Filter a report by comparing the values of two different report fields. For an instance, see which cases were modified after the deadline by filtering on cases with a final modified date after the closed date.
To enable it, navigate to Setup (Gear Icon) | Setup | Feature Settings | Analytics | Report and Dashboard interface Settings and choose Enable Field-to-Field Filtering in Reports (Lightning Experience Only).
3. Access the Recycle Bin in Lightning Experience: – You are no longer need to switch to Salesforce Classic to access the Recycle Bin. You will now view, restore, and permanently delete the list of items in your Recycle Bin and therefore the org Recycle Bin.
Access the Recycle Bin by selecting it within the App Launcher under All Items or personalizing your navigation bar.
4. Set Record Page Component Visibility Rules supported Device: – Give your mobile users exactly what they want on record pages by showing or hiding record page components supported the kind of device they’re being viewed on.
For components on record pages, you’ll be able to now show or hide a typical or custom component on a record page supported the device it’s viewed on.
Salesforce has made the Actions and Buttons tab generally available. And also the tool now helps with AppExchange packages and hard-coded URLs.
6. Find the correct Record Faster with Recommended Result (Beta): – Recommended Result gets you to the proper record faster when Salesforce is confident that they know what you’re searching for.
At the very top of your search results page, you see a preview of the record. That way you recognize instantly whether it’s the one you need or like. It’s not only highly visible, but it’s also actionable. Similar actions that you simply have it on the record page are here too, so you’ll get more refrained from leaving the search results page (1).
You can also take very quick actions on the recommended result’s related records. Under Related List Quick Links (2), hover over a link to ascertain up to 10 related records and their available actions.
To see the entire list of related records, click View All. The list opens on a brand new page.
7. Put the professional in Profile with profile-specific Search Results Layouts (Beta): – Search results should show what matters most. If you’re in sales, knowing the account owner and therefore the industry is critical. If you’re a service rep, the account’s terms are very essential information. With profile-specific layouts, you’ll be able to fine-tune search results layouts for an object for every unique profile in your org. Profile-specific layouts are supported only by objects with customizable layouts. Users who don’t have a profile-specific layout assigned to them see the default search results layout.
8. Make Your Lightning Apps Accessible on Phone, Desktop, or Both: – Once you create or edit a Lightning app, you’ll configure which form factors it supports and may be viewed on. Creating an app only for your mobile app users? Designate that Lightning app for a phone.
You can give this feature a try in Lightning App Builder promptly, but your changes are visible to users due to the new Salesforce mobile app is released updated on October 14, 2019.
9. Set Public and personal Visibility of Feed Items just in case feed in Lightning Experience: – Agents can control whether a feed item is public or private in Lightning Experience and in Lightning Service Console. Agents can mark feed items public to create them visible to both internal and external users. Feed items marked private are visible only to internal users. Previously, this feature was available only in Salesforce Classic.
10) Add Tabs and Accordion Components to Your Home Pages:- You can now use the Tabs and Accordion components on Home pages in Lightning Experience. You’ll be able to create, update, and delete tabs, then change their order. Or, use the Accordion component to arrange your components into collapsible sections.
For both Tabs and Accordion, you’ll be able to configure the tabs or sections that your users see, name them whatever you prefer, and add components.
That’s all folks! What are your favorite winter’20 release note gems? Care to share? And comment your views and suggestions.
Revolve Softech is one of the best Salesforce partner, Consult for a FREE demo and Get assistant with migration.